Civil Design Inc. is looking for Project Surveyors in our Louisville KY office.
Essential Job Functions• Perform Boundary and Topographical Surveys, Right of way Surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Utility Surveys
and Constructional layout, for municipal, private and roadway projects.
• Utilize Trimble Robotic, GNSS and Conventional equipment, Leica 3D Scanning equipment, and survey data collection
software to take measurements and collect relevant information.
• Perform daily import of all field collected data.
• Maintain accurate, detailed, and professional field notes.
• Perform general equipment maintenance.
• Adhere to safety policies, procedures, and requirements of CDI.
• Primarily field work, if needed some travel.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities• Strong understanding of the principles and practices of land surveying.
• General understanding of CAD software.
• General knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and geometry and its application to field surveying.
• Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Trimble Access and other relevant software.
• Skill in the use of surveying instruments including Trimble Robotic and GNSS equipment.
• Familiarity with and knowledge of geographic area.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
• Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities• Understanding of MicroStation, AutoCAD, Trimble Access, Leica Cyclone, Trimble and Leica Instrumentation is a plus.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:• High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Surveying or Geography, preferred
• 5+ years of land surveying experience preferred
• Prior experience with Trimble software and/or equipment a plus
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
• Ability to travel: 80% of out-of-town work for Commonwealth of Kentucky
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or simply follow the link below to apply:
Email: email@example.comPhone: (502) 695-2349
Address:PO Box 436451Louisville, KY 40253